EV propaganda, page-82

1. 2,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Yes I haven't been looking much at the used market very recently so I don't know how its progressing but a year ago there didn't seem to be many M3s being sold for what I would judge as a realistic price. Whether the M3s that I saw were sold at or less than their asking price or just withdrawn from sale I don't know.

Certainly the problem of how the battery has been treated before you inherited it would always be a consideration when buying a used EV. I don't know about the other breeds but at least with Elon's chariots you have a readout of battery health that can't be faked or fudged right in front of you on the screen.

A dealer stamped logbook is hard to fake but we had one "misplaced" for a Commodore once. The Holden dealer replaced it but I always wondered who may have bought a VS Commy with 200K on it and almost perfect logbooks when the reality was a bit different.

Our son has our old VY (almost identical powertrain as the VS) with over 600K on it now, motor and drivetrain has never been touched, service them properly and they just keep going but "forget" to change the oil or coolant and they soon tell you an expensive story or head to the scrapheap.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.