CKK 15.8% 1.6¢ coretrack limited

Happydays,Warren Strage sold Strange Drilling to Brandrill in...

1. BWZ
    33 Posts.
    Happydays,

Warren Strage sold Strange Drilling to Brandrill in 2007 for around $28M. When he did, I believe he sold everything except the manufacturing arm (i.e. Globe Drill). Before Coretrack bought Globe Drill, I'm guessing they still manufactured/maintained rigs for the Strange Drilling business. Whether they still do, I don't know, but I doubt it.

Ausdrill (ASL) merged/took over Brandrill in 2009 and Ausdrill sold the Strange Drilling business in a management buyout for around $15M in Feb 2010. JSW actually has an office in Bibra Lake about 1km away from the new Coretrack headquarters. To quote the 2010 Ausdrill Annual Report:

"On 28 February 2010 the Group sold its Strange Drilling business and the division disposed of is reported in this
    financial report as a discontinued operation. This business, whilst engaged in similar activities, utilised a very different fleet of equipment which was not compatible with the Groups existing operations."

If you look at the JSW homepage it says "JSW Australia is owned and managed by a group of industry experienced shareholders with over 250 years of combined drilling experience, including Strange Drilling founding employee". Originally I had thought that might be Warren, especially since he sold Globe Drill to Coretrack in Jan 2010, about 1 month before JSW bought the Strange Drilling business from Ausdrill. But I don't believe Warren is the founding employee referred to or that he was involved in that buyout.

Cheers,
    BWZ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.