BMN 1.26% $2.42 bannerman energy ltd

everyone needs to change their thinking, page-60

1. 18,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    HI toosoon

I have given up trying to guess which way this share is going; fact is that the falls have been across the board - just read some of the statistics, worst drop in years. There are even comparisons with a sharemarket slump in the 19th century which was equally property based, because some of Europe's large cities (Berlin, Paris, Vienna, Budapest and many more) began building huge and representative buildings in their inner cities (which now pay for themselves as tourist attractions) as well as tenement housing for workers, all based on expensive credit ("usury" it used to be called).

I lost big time on BMN, still have some money invested and will leave it there, but my next purchase will be a blue chip stock, that's for sure, and as well-researched as I can possibly manage.

SDG: We cannot blame the 'rampers' - we all have responsibility for ourselves, and in the end we all rely on research done on paper, announcements published by often shonky directors to the ASX, articles in newspapers. Very few of us even have mining experience or the money to go over to Africa and check out what's happening on the ground. Even then wrong interpretations, opinions etc. can interfere with correct assessment of a situation.

BMN looked good on paper - still does, but for reasons discussed at length and a truly grizzly bear market and availability of credit is going to be the company maker or breaker here, a take-over or consolidation of sorts is also on the cards, I think - it could be a lengthy process! I would not be surprised if the Chinese are already sniffing around to pick up some choice sites in Africa. And good on them. (Who was so greedy in the past that they kept upping the commodity prices on the Chinese? Our mining companies; enthusiastically applauded by all who held shares in IO companies!)

Take the above with a grain of salt, I am as confused, astounded, disappointed and stupid as the rest of the bunnies who got caught in the headlights. (But I refuse to let this spoil my life!!)

Cheers

Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.42
Change
0.030(1.26%)
Mkt cap ! $425.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.50 $2.50 $2.41 $1.951M 798.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2952 $2.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.43 17547 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.