"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has...

1. 631 Posts.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6137/6137392-83e405cf10c51b70fb63184e0fe20f99.jpg

"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. (Isaiah 55:1-2 ESV)

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 ESV)

On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'" Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39 ESV)

The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price. (Revelation 22:17 ESV)

We who are in Christ are also reminded to encourage others to repent of their sins and freely come to Jesus Christ. To develop a relationship with Him as Lord and Saviour; to be obedient to His many commandments as Lord; and to put their faith in Him, His biblical account, His sacrifice, His saving grace, the redemption that His blood has purchased for us, and His promise: That He will raise us up at the last day (John 6:54).

And all who hear this message and thirst for a relationship with God—for salvation, life everlasting, righteousness, truth, knowledge, peace, and any of the other heavenly gifts we are promised—are invited to come to Jesus Christ and be satisfied of these things.

As Jesus states in John 4:14 ESV: “but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The water that Jesus is speaking of is the Holy Spirit, which all who believe in Him shall receive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.