WHC 2.13% $5.99 whitehaven coal limited

Indeed @lilac, well said. Bowen’s combination of zealotry in...

1. 492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    Indeed @lilac, well said. Bowen’s combination of zealotry in pursuit of his mad-cap agenda along with his complacency as to the risks involved and likely consequences is hugely dangerous, as Terry McCrann argues well.

What should happen? My own view is idiosyncratic, and unlikely to be popular. In circumstances such as these, when our elected representatives are doing obvious damage to the nation, I think it often takes a genuine crisis to occur before reality hits and some semblance of rationality can be restored. On those grounds I hope that the consequences which Terry McC predicts do actually occur in the next 6-12 months, and do sufficient damage to shock people into angry awareness of the folly of Bowen’s agenda and at the same time silence the green zealots in the business sector who are complicit in the pursuit of his agenda. A bit like the shock therapy that Jeff Kennett was elected to apply.when John Cain and Joan Kirner were intent on destroying the lives and economic fortunes of Victorians some 30 years ago now.

The tragedy, of course — if this comes to pass — is that lives will be lost and businesses destroyed as the energy system collapses under the weight of Bowen’s folly, but I think that this will be the surest way to bring the nation to its senses and convince even the likes of Albanese that current policy settings are unsustainable (a favourite word of the green left!). A short, sharp shock leading to a federal election either late next year or mid-2025 where truths are told and net zero fantasies are dumped — that’s my hope and wish for 2024!

A happy Christmas and a shocking new year to all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.99
Change
0.125(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $4.994B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.94 $6.08 $5.86 $28.33M 4.717M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 16586 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.99 21854 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.