SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

everything seems to be on going as per book

1. 3,664 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 858
    Hi,

I got confused with the latest announcement specially the bit about surface choke and down hole pump. Didn't make any sense logically ie why would you need a down hole pump while chking at the surface.

After reading it again now I understand what Terry is conveying - a simple message that fracing and drilling out the plugs have gone smoothly and there is no obstruction and the only way to choke is at surface (the announcement does not say that it is BEING choked rather that only surface choke is the way to restrict the flow).

This means that the notion that Niobrara is under pressurised is correct and we will need a down hole pump to artificially get the fluids out.

TB may know a bit more (by knowing the oil and water cut in flowback operations) but he does not know the full story until the frac fluid is pumped out and oil is flowing to the surface. This may indeed take a few weeks (as water being heavier than oil - it may not be allowing the oil to flow freely from the pores but rather restricting its flow as Niobrara is under pressurised).

At this point, everything has gone as per the textbook and I feel quitely confidant but no one one can tell us (even TB or Hal)whether it is a gusher or uneconomic.

I don't think there are any conspiracy theories (like the sale of land by CHK - actually the bids close on 30th Nov 11 but decision is not made till 30th Dec 11, so TB has to hold till decision time if there is conspiracy).

My view is that we need to wait for the facts to emerge.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.