Strong opinions on climate change from a Dear Reader today,...

1. 273 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Strong opinions on climate change from a Dear Reader today, after Bill questioned activist Greta Thunberg as TIME magazine’s person of the year in “One Up on Jesus”…

It should have been obvious to anyone with a brain that when global warming had to have its moniker changed to climate change, it was not a scientific theory but just media hype! It is truly ludicrous how what may have actually been a valid scientific theory once upon a time, has been co-opted by globalists, potential megalomaniacs, hucksters, "scientific" grant applicants, environmentalists, and mainstream fake news purveyors needing attention-gathering headlines.Weather is one of the favorite topics of our species. That also explains why it can be a popular topic amongst the "news" mavens whose livelihood is dependent on capturing the attention of a maximum number of eyes and ears. Politicians love it if ANYTHING can get higher billing than budget deficits and national debt! Globalists, especially those at the U.N., love the idea of a crisis that can be presented as an issue that transcends borders. Megalomaniacs of all stripes love the potentials of a “crisis" that can be used to control people, i.e. maximize power.– Steve M.

Like most everyone on this planet of our ours that we call home, I have no idea what climate changes are coming. Maybe man has some effect on climate changes, and maybe not. What I do know is that the climate has been changing for thousands and thousands of years. There are many impacts on the planet, most of those coming from our magnificent sun. People and animals have adapted for hundreds of thousands of years, and we can too.I have no problem with individuals that want to change their own lifestyle to slow their impact on climate change. However, I do not believe they should demand that we upend our entire lives to meet their demands. I intend to keep living my somewhat frugal lifestyle as I always have.– Kent B.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.