Thats absurd to suggest that foreign investors are prepared to...

1. 22,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    Thats absurd to suggest that foreign investors are prepared to invest more in our mineral exploration and development than the actual resource is worth.and its blatent mining companys' propaganda to the natives!. Imagine if you are a shareholder of say Rio and the CEO tells you that the project capital investment (your money) is worth more than the minerals in which the capital is invested.

The CEO would be gone before you could say Jack Rabbit.

Current project capital investment, particuluarly in iron and coal, is more like the beads that the colonial powers offered the natives for their land and valueables 200 years ago.Just look at the capital gaind Harbringer Capital
    made on Fortescue Metals over the past 3 years! Check it out.

I find it difficult that some call themselves Australian and barrack for the multinationals whose generalised mission statement is "Make as much money as you can"
    If you have direct equity in the company or project
    then you should declare it so we all know. Or if you are a member of a political party and that you or a member of your family will potentially benefit from the results of the next Federal election, again you should declare it.

I can understand shareholders in BHP or Rio being angry about the negative impact on their share portfolio but if there was no risk then one could assume that bank interest + a small bit would be normal return on such investments.

Had we retained reasonable margins on our resources since the war then , like Saudi Arabia, we would not have to rely on foreign investment now and we would be scouring the third world now looking for bargain buys in iron ore and coal.

Missing youse all already
    Moorooka Mick

Moorooka Mick is not and has not been a member of any political and he has no direct beneficial interest is the above topic. I wonder about others!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.