TLS 0.41% $3.62 telstra group limited

evidence that telstra means business

1. 307 Posts.
    In my mind it is only a matter of time before the Thodey philosophy starts to pay off. He wants that market share back and is rolling out the products.
    For those that think Telstra will always be beaten on price you are correct. Telstra is a premium product and will never be price leader. Unfortunately under Sol, the attitude was "we need to maintain margins at all costs" The cost was a loss of market share.

As an investor in Telstra but also a consumer I can appreciate when and if they roll out competitive products.
    Here is my first piece of evidence- it is the new mobile nexgen data plans.
    http://apcmag.com/telstra-unveils-19-for-1gb-next-g-broadband-prices.htm

The 1GB data plan for $20 is very competitive, and when you consider that it is on the worlds fastest mobile network with the broadest coverage , to me it is a huge winner.
    With new smartphones popping up everywhere and particularly the multitasking android based phones set to take over from the "1 app only at a time" iphones, the need for faster data will become imperative.
    The same growth in usage plans as occured with fixed BB over the past 5 years will occur with mobile BB, so the 1GB plans will need to be upgraded to 2,3 and 4 GB as peoples usage surges in response to new apps ans new multitasking phones.
    However unlike the case in fixed BB, where the other ISP's were able to offer same speeds as telstra, this is not the case in Mobile BB . If you want to use these new phones and apps to their maximum ability, there is only one nework. Nexgen.
    With these competitive plans, Telstra will steal the iPhone/optus customers back, once they see how fast nexgen runs on these new generational multitasking android phones.
    With the return of these high spending customers back on plan, the revenues in mobiles will surge again. I believe Thodey made a great call locking up the HTC Desire as a Telstra only device, as it truly has the speed and sexiness to surpass the iPhone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.015(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $41.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.63 $3.64 $3.60 $22.47M 6.212M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
85 493171 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 572197 72
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.