EVN 2.84% $4.70 evolution mining limited

EVN chart, page-2630

1. 6,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1199
    I think Jake needs to take a hard look at cutting costs at Red Lake. It's an extremely poor business model to have the shareholders losing money while the engineers on site are making book because the end result is they'll lose their jobs when the mine become perpetually unprofitable. We've never heard peep about cost control measures. I saw the same thing in Japan with Nissan that was hemorrhaging money until they hired Carlos Ghosn "Le Cost Killer" into the firm who turned them around to profitability. Everybody was a winner, particularly the employees. Canadian pros are renowned for extracting high wages while still belly-aching about their compensation. EVN isn't responsible for the property bubble in Canada. There's 10,000's of qualified people who'll do the job for a big cut of the remuneration currently offered. Jake needs to grow some balls. Or, if he can't, hire an outsider to rationalise the expenditures. The AISC of Red Lake is unsustainable. Either the people there take a pay cut or they can explore their options with McDonald's, Inc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.70
Change
0.130(2.84%)
Mkt cap ! $9.349B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.59 $4.72 $4.58 $38.74M 8.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5818 $4.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.70 173022 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.