A description of what I think the theory of evolution is. I dont...

1. 3gb
    963 Posts.
    A description of what I think the theory of evolution is.

I dont think it is a fairy tale, I think it is reasonable, but I am not an evolutionist.

My impression is a population of organisms over time produces mutations, if these are suited to the environment they survive and breed. So over long periods of time the organism evolves into different species, more complex and better adapted to the environment. The originals may continue or die off.
    The problem is proof of the theory requires evidence of the links between species. Probably all biologists including Darwin are aware that the proof is lacking that is why it is a theory not a law.
    Most thoughtful people will suspect something is missing, mutations and survival of the fittest is not enough to explain the development of life on earth.
    My personal opinion is a life form can change the nature of its offspring on occasion and give it memories about its environment. I have no idea how it could possibly do this.

I think the Bible is the word of man inspired by God, rather than the word of God. I think the first man was formed by God from clay but it took 500,000 plus years and a lot of intermediate steps.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.