evolution is for monkeys, page-321

1. 1,452 Posts.
    "How many murders have been inspired by the bible?"

You do run off on tangents. If I understand your question you are implying that the bible and therefore God is responsible for all the atrocities committed in his name. Absolute nonsense.

Isn't it written.....

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

10 But these men blaspheme whatever things they know not: and what things soever they naturally know, like dumb beasts, in these they are corrupted.

11 Woe unto them, for they have gone in the way of Cain: and after the error of Balaam they have for reward poured out themselves, and have perished in the contradiction of Core.

12 These are spots in their banquets, feasting together without fear, feeding themselves, clouds without water, which are carried about by winds, trees of the autumn, unfruitful, twice dead, plucked up by the roots,

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own confusion; wandering stars, to whom the storm of darkness is reserved for ever.

14 Now of these Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying: Behold, the Lord cometh with thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to reprove all the ungodly for all the works of their ungodliness, whereby they have done ungodly, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against God.

16 These are murmurers, full of complaints, walking according to their own desires, and their mouth speaketh proud things, admiring persons for gain's sake.

Man will use any excuse he can find to gain power & wealth. Misrepresenting the bible and using it as a tool to subjugate the masses is no surprise. But the bible contains all the truths of life that enable us to avoid these pitfalls and false teaching.

All men today have access to the bible, in previous years only the clergy was allowed to read the bible and it was only in Latin. So the priests could say what ever they liked. The hell fire doctrine for example. So ignorance is no excuse for wrongdoing.

New English Translation (NET)

3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not arrive until the rebellion comes and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.

4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, and as a result he takes his seat in God’s temple, displaying himself as God.

5 Surely you recall that I used to tell you these things while I was still with you.

6 And so you know what holds him back, so that he will be revealed in his own time.

7 For the hidden power of lawlessness is already at work. However, the one who holds him back will do so until he is taken out of the way,

8 and then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will destroy by the breath of his mouth and wipe out by the manifestation of his arrival.

9 The arrival of the lawless one will be by Satan’s working with all kinds of miracles and signs and false wonders,

10 and with every kind of evil deception directed against those who are perishing, because they found no place in their hearts for the truth so as to be saved.

The bible has been misrepresented and many have claimed to represent God. For a very long time the works that they bring forth show who in fact they do represent.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

19 Every tree not yielding good fruit is cut down and is cast to fire:

20 therefore from their fruits ye shall know them.

21 `Not every one who is saying to me Lord, lord, shall come into the reign of the heavens; but he who is doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, lord, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name cast out demons? and in thy name done many mighty things?

23 and then I will acknowledge to them, that -- I never knew you, depart from me ye who are working lawlessness.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.