Fooling around with old cars and bikes is one of my major...

1. 35,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Fooling around with old cars and bikes is one of my major hobbies. I am lucky enough to have several.

Whenever I'm out driving one of my old bangers, I'm reminded of how far we've come. People see my cars and come up to me and reminisce about something they used to drive. Usually telling me how good they were, how reliable they were etc.

Which is all just absolute bs when compared to a modern vehicle. It's amazing how people put on the rose colored glasses when they look back.

All you have to do is get in an old car and drive about a kilometer to realise how much better any modern car is. That's after you wait 5 minutes to warm it up of course. wink.png

Don't get me wrong. Mucking around with old cars is something I enjoy for multiple reasons. And, I have some a couple of cars that I have retrofitted with late model running gear to make them very reliable and fast. They are a huge improvement on the originals.That said,they are old cars.
    I'm already preparing a couple of others for ev conversions That's going to be really, really interesting.

As to new evs. My next new vehicle will be definitely be an ev. It will be an all wheel drive ute of some kind. Ford F150, Chev Silverado, Rivian, Lordstown, Ram, Canoo and several Chinese versions are all coming to the market over the next couple of years.

I don't think a Cybertruck is on my list. Looks a bit gimmicky to me. The other brands are coming up with some really flexible platforms that I think will suit me much better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.