Bacci.There's been several vids about using an ev as home...

1. 35,332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Bacci.

There's been several vids about using an ev as home storage. Not for everyone but there's a lot of sense in the concept. Particularly cost wise. I think it will work for me pretty well.

Apart from supplying power to a house, an ev will do that for a campsite, worksite etc. I can see plenty of applications for that. Especially charging cordless tools etc. I am starting to switch all my fossil powered gardening equipment to batteries. That allows me to do things like carrying a little electric chainsaw on camping trips etc. With an ev, those tools will always be able to be charged remotely if need be.

There are many other features that the ev brings. For ute owners there is never enough internal space. Having more seats conflicts with load carrying space. The frunk on an F150 ( and others ) solves that problem. As does the compartment underneath in the Rivian. Good waterproof storage that doesn't take up cab space.

There's a lot to look forward to with an ev imo.

P.S. I think the government is happy to slow the rollout of evs at the moment. There is not the voter demand and our infrastructure is well behind that of other countries. After all, we are still arguing over the transition to renewables for the main power grid. No wonder the Coalition can't get an ev policy together. None of use have forgotten the " Bill Shorten wants to ruin the weekend " commentary of only a couple of years ago.

It also makes it hard when Australians have big distances to travel and many drive SUVs. That said, as you have seen over the last 2 or 3 years, the ev world has changed dramatically. Once these electric SUVs hit the market in Australia, things will hot up.

Eventually the Canberra numpties will catch up. Then they will try and tell us it was their idea. Lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.