evolution perpetuates 4.5billion yo earth myth, page-155

1. 3,540 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    The ark story was investigated some time back and found to be a geology formation, fossils on mountains and biblical cataclysmic events can mostly be explained by "normal" tectonic and geologic events, the knowledge of which has been passed down the ages and embellished in the stories of man, some of which found their way into the bible, which was written by ancient middle eastern desert tribes with little else to do.
    Although I must admit well written at times and dramatic in its execution, the bible is just a collection of embellished stories written to explain and pass down knowledge of the way of life these tribes lived at the time, and how they explained the world around them, their social mores and customs. Much the way the Australian aborigines have done with their stories of the "Dreamtime".
    Sure, there is some wisdom in the bible, but I'm sure there is much to ignore as well. After all, like many "holy" books, they were written in a distant bygone age when man mostly found difficulty in making sense of the environment and events around him (or her), unlike today where we (I hope) mostly have a more rational and analytical explanation for the world around us.
    Whether that includes or excludes a "God" well, that is up to you, as long as your beliefs do not impinge on another's right to believe or not. All IMO of course.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.