evolution perpetuates 4.5billion yo earth myth, page-405

1. 10,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Rod as I said previously, humans created GODS. Thousands of them, some nasty and some nice. Over the millenia these gods have come and gone. Does anyone worship Isis or Baal anymore?

All of these gods were worshipped unquestionally and with fanatical devotion. By praying and sacrificing to a specific god, people felt that they would be helped by a supernatural being in times of trouble. In ancient days this was most of the time.

As they were very fearful of death it comforted them that the gods promised an after life. Although not all gods did this. Basically the gods were social father figure, a comfort blanket and a method of social control by king/priests.

The god that is being discussed in this thread seems to be the Christian god. I can't see much difference between the worshippers of this supernatural entity and those of Isis or Baal.

PS Talking about flood myths, I believe that the ancient Egyptians did not have one. Or if they did, archaeologists have never found any evidence of one.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.