LYC 0.91% $6.50 lynas rare earths limited

How is the auto industry reluctant to change. They invested...

1. 7,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 492
    How is the auto industry reluctant to change. They invested billions of dollars in changing to EVs Money that as they now back off will have to be expensed. The reason is people are not buying The reason they are not buying EVs.have been obvious for almost 10 years. Limited range heavy, Infrastructure not ready. Someday Only EVs will be made, right now their sales are growing but much slower than expected. Much slower than government thought when they put in requirements. As i said when they went in if people do not like them they will have to be changed. People do not like them. The world will be 100% EVs Just not yet.
    What they are buying is PHEVs. The simple reason is EVs were two much of a change that people and the infra structure Just are not ready for. Yes some rich early adopters jumped right on but the buying public in general did not. PHEVs are the transition product to EVs which some day will dominate. The auto manufacture would be crazy to make more EVS just to have them sit on lots unsold which is already happening. It is just like High HP to weight cars and this applies to all cars. Ice, PHEV and EV. The manufacture know this is wrong but it is what people want so they will deliver.

Confession I drive a 300+HP car that weights a little over 2500 LBS. I seldom need even 25% of the HP. It is a lot of fun when i do use it. I am sure the manufacture would not make it except it sells at better margins than most vehicles It hurts their Fleet MPG.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.50
Change
-0.060(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $6.075B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.42 $6.51 $6.38 $19.90M 3.076M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1300 $6.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.51 8632 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.51
  Change
-0.060 ( 0.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.42 $6.51 $6.39 904490
Last updated 15.59pm 01/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.