LYC 2.36% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

Just to be clear. EV sales are still growing. Much slower than...

1. 7,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    Just to be clear. EV sales are still growing. Much slower than predicted 1 or 2 years ago but still growing. Many things are not ready for full EV expansion including the mind set of the majority. It appears many are ready to accept HEVs and PHEVs. 20 ~ 40 miles a day without ICE power. The traction motors are smaller than EVs because they can use the ICE motor for hard acceleration and speeds over 60 ~ 70 MPH, 100KPH this is true for all parrel HEVs. Series HEVS (where ICE only drives a Generator to charge battery) Need the same size traction motor as an EV with similar performance. Series EVs just reduce the battery size not traction motor. To the best of my knowledge the Chevy VOLT was the last EV to be series. GM changed to parrel after a few years. Several manufacturers all in Japan so far have announced development plans for series PHEVs. The world will be all EVs in the future. The question is when and what path is taken to arrive there. The path is very important to Lynas in the next few years. Long term either way helps Lynas.

People that try to make this a single path are just missing the many options. Seldom does any Evolution or Revolution go as originally thought. This is true for technology as well as other things. 5 ~ 10 years ago i thought we would go to PHEVs then slowly move to EVs. We obviously went to EVS first and HEVs sales are going far stronger than I thought. The Toyota RAV4 came out as a PHEV only and is now comes as both a PHEV and HEV and the HEV is out selling the PHEV. I never saw that coming. Still cannot figure out if it is fear of plug or price driving the decision. So far have talked to two people with RAV 4 HEVs and both though the PHEV had to be charged on trips which it does not.

Mostr car configuration only need an ICE charging motor of 100~125 HP , 80.0 ~115. KW to meet most drivers needs on any size trip. Typically these motors are designed to run at one power output and turned on and off as needed. This single point design increases ICE efficiency substantially.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.140(2.36%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.02 $6.12 $5.97 $11.52M 1.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12791 $6.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 13019 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.