LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

Why do you think Th will be the fuel of the future. Depleted...

1. 7,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Why do you think Th will be the fuel of the future. Depleted Uranium a by product of making enriched uranium for bombs and fuel rods works any where thorium does. It is estimated that the US has enough DU stored to meet all the worlds electric demand for over 200 years. This prodct need little processing to ready. Terra Power is already building a bigger rector in Wyoming than any current or in process Th reactor. Many universityhave had DU test reactors for over 20 years. Thorium will work and to talk about it is popular that for people that creat thorium from extracting other minerals from the ground. I am sure there will be some reactors for this. I first looked into TH when I bought and quickly sold GWM which had a lot of TH and U in their African mind had selling this as part of there plan. Then went BK

Uranium hexafluoride - Wikipedia
    TerraPower - Wikipedia
    Frequently Asked Questions About Depleted Uranium Deconversion Facilities | NRC.gov
    TerraPower

Long term Fussion is a better solution. Right now that could be decades away. Thorium is a very reasonable solution I am not saying it isn't. Just if you dig a little deeper DU has many more advantages and is already in storage at many Government storage facilities throughout the world. Every government who made fuel rod grade U or much purer bomb grade uranium. has DU stored somewhere. The only problem with thorium reactors is cost, i works fine. After is separated from REE or anything else It is in very low concentrations and needs lots of processing before it is fuel grade that is expensive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.