LYC 0.00% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

EVs and Wind., page-201

1. 7,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    EU has just had a reduction in EV subsidies in a number of member countries, that combined with some negative press has created a temporary change in sentiment for EVs. Buyers are waiting to see if there will be any change of policy with regard to timelines for the future phase out of ICE. SS batteries will swing the sentiment back in favour of EVs with increased range and safety.

By this I assume you are acknowledging that without government assistance both Subsidies and regulations EVs cannot sustain their sales.
    SS batteries may have a few demo's and very low production vehicles, in 2 ~ 4 years, I have read nothing that says the high-volume, low cost, manufacturing needed to produce them will be viable for at least 10 years.

Years from now EVS will be all you can buy and over 90% of vehicles on the Road. Of this I have no doubt. The question for right now is this in the next dozen years and that I doubt. I think the next step is HEV's with ICE Engines designed just for the HEV applications The benefits on a cost and emissions basis will make them far more popular.

I use to think that PHEVs would dominate. I have changed my mind as I look at new products. The cost and weight for these just makes HEV s a better solution. PHEVs are a compromise product between EVs and HEVS. Some times this type of product are great taking the best of both ideas. In this case it has too many of the bad features of both.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.70
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ $7.70 $7.52 $333.3K 47.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 8451 $8.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.09 329 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.41am 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.