SRL 13.9% 41.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

EVs on the political agenda (Australia)

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Federal Labor has announced a comprehensive EV policy as part of its 2019 election policy platform. The overarching features of this policy include:
    - 50% of new Government fleet vehicles must be EV by 2025
    - 50% of consumer light vehicle sales to be EV by 2030
    - 20% instant tax write-off for commercial EV purchases (think buses)
    - all federally funded road upgrades must now include provisions for EV charging stations
    - car retailers will be required to meet 105g per km targets for vehicle emissions (only really possible by off-setting ICE ice sales EV sales)

this is great news for the environment, the economy and of course, the kind and effervescent shareholders of CLQ.

One of the big challenges for a company like CLQ is that it is on the ASX with the majority of shareholders being Australian. I’ve always thought that the moment Australian’s start seeing EVs on the road they would finally realise this is a real thing.

I travel a lot (am currently in the US) and EVs are EVERYWHERE! In every major country accept Australia!

With this policy change the social perception around EVs is going to shift DRAMATICALLY! People will swing from thinking ‘EVs aren’t a real thing’ to ‘Wow, there are EVs everywhere’... ‘how can I get some exposure to this investment opportunity’?

Well, on the ASX, you can’t buy car companies, so you’ll need to buy the miners that have exposure to the supply chain. Enter CLQ.

I can’t stress enough, the sentiment around CLQ is warped by potential investors biases towards the fact that they don’t see EVs on the roads. Australia has 1/10 of the number of EVs on the road compared to all other G20 nations. In the next five years, it’s likely we will go from .2% to 4-5%. Literally a 25x increase in EVs on the roads. Hopefully the share price follows.

Another interesting development is that Liberal has been promoting the need to unlock raw material mining companies. Do you know which is the closest most advanced fare material mine to Canberra? That’s right, CLQ. Do you know who has recently toured the mine site? A number of Federal liberal members.

I finally feel vindicated for believing in this for two years now, and wearing losses for most of that period. Really, the only thing that held it together for me was travelling overseas and seeing EVs everywhere.

GLTAH DYOR BUYCLQ PARTY

References:
    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/labor-proposes-tax-breaks-for-businesses-to-buy-electric-cars/10957268
    https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/07/19/1539935/0/en/Clean-TeQ-hosts-delegation-of-senior-Members-of-Parliament-at-Sunrise-Project.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.0¢
Change
0.050(13.9%)
Mkt cap ! $38.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 43.0¢ 37.0¢ $8.948K 21.60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5064 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 2750 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.31am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.