AGL 1.20% $11.56 agl energy limited.

EVs / Virtual Power - Impact on AGL and gentailers in the future.

1. 31 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Just some thoughts, with EV adoption in Australia gradually picking up speed in the coming years, and EVs adding on average an addition 30% to the household electricity demand. It's hard to see why providers of this electricity such as AGL and Origin etc. not doing well into the future. Yes, they are currently majority coal based generation however, AGL and Origin are in the best position to add large batteries next to their coal power plants where tranmission capacity is already there. In addition, the big 3 retailers hold a majority of the customers in Australia and are also in the best position to operate virtual power plants where they can orchestrate power from home solar panels and batteries without the much capital investment. Maybe I have misread something along the lines but I only see very good prospects for AGL and Origin. And with the share price at $10 (Market cap at around $6bil) it's a bargain. Alinta was sold for $4Billion a while back and it was much smaller than AGL. Thoughts?
    Last edited by GaryL: 22/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.56
Change
-0.140(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $7.776B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.62 $11.67 $11.46 $33.19M 2.868M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 272 $11.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.57 11617 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.