Excel Spreadsheets and Trading, page-19

1. 1,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    el3ctro, the coding isn't that hard. Shell scripting in unix/linux is actually quite easy and very powerful and is somewhat like C coding. It also runs pretty fast and is more than efficient enough for this sort of task. The hard part is getting the brain into programing mode and learning enough to get started. If you have coded in any language you will know how to think in coding terms. The other learning is to unerstand how a database is structured and to think in data terms.

The best learning I have found is to "have a go" and not be worried about how good, elegant, efficient anything might be. As you develop you will recognise weak areas and redo them. That is how my systems have grown and developed to support the way I want to look at the market and the things that I think are important.

What you are looking may be similar to my ideas or be completely different. You need to crawl before you can walk and then run. Being different does not mean wrong if your trading and investment results meet your expectations.

DKit

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.