BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

excellent news regarding bta798, page-7

1. 3,045 Posts.
    No way, Relenza is now. Hard cash coming in the door each quarter with GSK looking to massivly increase production. there is alot to be said for royalties now versus "potential blue sky".

LANI in my opinion is potentially the biggest asset in Biota. If management can play ball well with DS and/or other major pharma then I'll be quite happy. The stockpiling market is huge, a true mega-blockbuster (multi-billion dollar) market. Relenza has captured a small but rising stake, LANI has the advantage of a longer royalty life and potentially higher royalty figure. It could also sell better due to the mode of action... of course we have to see clinical trial results and FDA approval :)

Having said that BTA798 looks to be a good asset. It is currently targeted for high risk patients which may not be a blockbuster market... still valuable though. However if they can crack the regular common cold market then it could be bigger than everything else put together. Still a long way to go in clinical trials (perhaps 2 years if they move quick), but they could well do a deal at any time now involving up front payments, milestone payments and royalty rate. I'd be very happy with $500m/25% package.

Relenza and the cash balance is now, the market is valuing this with a conservative view in my opinion. But who am I to say, just another mug punter. Please DYOR and don't use what I say to make any decisions, also please read the disclaimers below. Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.