CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

In my opinion the Government is playing politics with the REPD...

1. 2,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 573
    In my opinion the Government is playing politics with the REPD Grants. The grants are subject to milestones being achieved. As I see it Government's often make these promises in budgets knowing that the conditions attached will make it impossible for the recipients to fulfil.
    With OPT & Leightons their time frame is several years away. With this in mind I do not think that the whole if any will be taken up. A change of Government or new budget can change unused grants.
    On GDY the very fact of the remoteness of the project will have adverse affect. There is no advantage in producing power where there is no population to use it.
    For these reasons I believe the Government wants to be seen to appear to be doing something politically. All the time knowing that very little funds will have be awarded to these projects. Come next budget leading to an election they spruik how well they have managed the purse strings coming in under budget. All the while knowing in the first place the monies would not be allocated.
    I believe the REPD's were allocated only for spin.
    The coal industry is the only ones that this Government is helping.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.