QHL 0.00% 33.0¢ quickstep holdings limited

Hey DGoynich, I believe Mr Marino's main relevant experience to...

1. 199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hey DGoynich,
    I believe Mr Marino's main relevant experience to QHL was with the Futuris Motor Group as COO. They supplied interior solutions to Ford, Tesla etc, so he's shown an ability to build up a small manufacturing company into a successful unit, working with some of the biggest motor OEM's in the world, exactly the space QHL want to be involved in, so he will have contacts and he'll have the operational capability to ensure Bankstown runs like clockwork. He did work at Ford of course, in fact he started his career there as an Engineer, but I don't believe he was part of the executive there, in fact he moved to Lear Corp and Air International where he then began his managerial career.

Yes I agree it's been a long road for a lot of us (it has been a speculative stock though in fairness) and I often wonder myself about the other areas of manufacturing they could get involved in, however IMO to maintain some form of competitive advantage over other composite manufacturers, they need to get into those manufacturing spaces that are extremely difficult to break into. This takes time but well worth it, as these are contracts that are high margin and quite often very long term (JSF is 20years), they don't want to muck around with the day to day composite stuff because it's so competitive and they would be priced out. QHL also have the patents (RST), the required licensing and accreditation (AS9100 Rev C/ISO9001:2000) and have shown in their work for both the JSF and the C130 contracts their reliability and ability to deliver ahead of schedule. It would be nice to hear some confirmation from Thales that the Federal Govt has agreed on the Hawkei as the Bushmaster replacement, a first for RST in car manufacturing and a nice supplement to the RST machine their building for ORPE in Russia which should be completed shortly. So once the RST work starts filtering through, becoming the disruptive technology we know it can be and becoming a widely accepted lower cost, faster curing time alternative to autoclave manufacturing then I feel the sky is the limit. Of course time will tell but you'd think we're getting closer.

Cheers.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.