LE,I agree it would be preferrable if ppl kept individual...

1. 484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    LE,

I agree it would be preferrable if ppl kept individual anecdotes and value judgments pertaining to an individual's motives to an absolute minimum. And that extends to not making generalisations about posters' motives - ie dividing ppl into "renters" and "property investors".

I read this thread because I'm interested and active in the hobby of investing, and that includes property. I presume other ppl may be in the same boat as me. Discussion about general trends are useful to me. Is Perth going to do well compared with Adelaide? Is Melbourne over-valuded? What about commercial property? Shouldn't we all just take out a term deposit?

This kind of discussion can branch out into a discussion about things like credit, the social consequences of low affordability, the role of taxation policy. Should ppl really care so much about owning a house? I'm happy to hear people's opinions.

If you think property is going up, fine - tell us where and for what reasons. If the reverse is true, then explain yourself. Calling people lazy, or whingers, or setting up some kind of generational conflict is not helpful.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.