AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

exergen flyer - announcement, page-46

1. 4,255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Good link BR, I have copied a few paragraphs I found exciting.

"Mr Ian Kraemer, Managing Director of Mantle Mining, gave evidence on the comparative advantage offered by the location of the Parwan coal deposits it was exploring compared to the Latrobe Valley. The advantage lay in the close access to the railway, proximity to rail-served ship
    loading facilities at the Port of Geelong for export and the disadvantages of bulk export coal haulage from the Latrobe Valley to an export port:"

"The particular circumstance at Bacchus Marsh leads to an easier commercial outcome to get upgraded coal to market because it has a rail there, the Port of Geelong with capacity and it does not have the eastern Melbourne sprawl. If you are ever going to develop the Latrobe Valley, how are you going to do it infrastructure-wise for bulk commodities? I guess — albeit one is a big deposit and
    the other is a little deposit — there are other commercial issues that say the Latrobe Valley one involves a lot of hard yards."

"Dr Jack Hamilton, Chief Executive Officer of Exergen, also gave evidence of the value of good access to rail infrastructure and port links to the company as part of
    its long-term plans to export de-watered brown coal. This factor played a role in Exergen’s decision to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with Mantle
    Mining and its brown coal exploration and mining project at Parwan. Exergen saw good rail access as advantaging Parwan over alternative coal deposits in the Latrobe Valley"

"Dr Hamilton said of Mantle Mining’s Parwan project that:
    … it does have some advantages in the logistic infrastructure — the Melbourne –Ballarat railway line runs over the tenement so that gives you rail access to Port of
    Geelong as effectively there is no rail access out of Latrobe Valley of any sort of capacity. My competitors do tell me you can do rail access but I just make the
    comment: let me know when the first coal train is going through, I will stand at Federation Square and watch it go through Flinders Street. It will probably be the last
    coal train through Flinders Street.1094"

seems like the JV at BM and the drilling/JORC/scoping study really was done in order to develop BM? Not just done for fun?
    Seems like infrastructure is IMPORTANT....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.