UNI 1.60% $5.08 universal store holdings limited

existing share holders may miss-out on cr, page-32

1. 219 Posts.
    Snork i will respond to your post of:
    "I agree wall there is nothing like a little bit of success to invite other US investors into the company. Look at the turn around here where every tom dick and harry you run into are now talking about UNI a company with a great product......... It just goes to prove how stupid the market is that 5 weks ago it wasnt in favour at 30c but now with the same news and the same story (a few more mileswtones complete) it jumps to $1.38 and its all on board!!!!!!!!!
    The moment I dread is the AGM when all the doubters from last year are back slapping Alan and the team telling them they always backed them... from memory it was only myself and maybe three or four others passing the managements resolutions.... Ohhh well such is life the clowns make money but so do we!!!!"

My response: Rewind to Jan 2003 and UNI is $0.65 and the All Ordinaries 3000. Fast forward to Dec 2007 and UNI is down around 50% to $0.34 yet the All Ords is up over 100% to 6300. These figures are conservative because not long after Jan 2003, investors were paying between $1 and $2 for UNI shares.
    My point is: thats great that some had faith that UNI would achieve some sort of success 6 years later. But by having money tied up in UNI for 6 years would no doubt mean shareholders hav missed out on other opportunities. Some investors prefer to invest in companies that have strong management that deliver on set targets. It is obvious from share turnover that many believe the successful setup of the 1ml production line was a necessary milestone for management to achieve. Since then the shares have moved up from 35cents to where it is today. So by waiting until management delivers, some have been able to take advantage of other opportunities since 2003 and still make a killing on UNI in 2009.

Snork the market isnt stupid and the story is not the same. So if you dread the moment that i go pat Alan on the back then so be it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.08
Change
0.080(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $389.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.99 $5.08 $4.99 $291.0K 57.86K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $4.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.08 399 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.