UNI 1.60% $5.08 universal store holdings limited

C-Glad you are not running any company I invest in. By not...

1. 122 Posts.
    C-Glad you are not running any company I invest in. By not taking the money now, in a rising market, and cashing up for the long term, you gamble the company. I prefer managers who don't gamble and set their companies up for the long haul, exactly what Mr. Shortall and the UNI Board would be doing if they cash up now.

While I don't have a crystal ball, if the market drops next year, particularly the US markets, and UNI tries to raise cash in a declining market, the discounts to market and VWAPS will be far higher than what is now available while everyone wants to get in. Even good companies struggle with their share prices in falling markets. Smart, conservative management technique dictates grabbing the money when its available and executing on the Business Plan. The extra dilution that MAY be experienced will not be noticed in the share price 12 months from now if UNI delivers.

If UNI were to raise the Minimum now, and if the markets decline next year, and if there is any delay in UNI delivering on their business plan, no matter how small that delay, trying to raise more money in 2010 will be a lot harder and a lot more costly than the predicted price I have been hearing, and that I can guarantee for you. Of course if all goes perfectly, and how often does that happen, than UNI would have been better off waiting. I for one wouldn't want to take that risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.08
Change
0.080(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $389.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.99 $5.08 $4.99 $291.0K 57.86K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $4.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.08 399 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.