EGR 4.76% 11.0¢ ecograf limited

Exit

1. 248 Posts.
    Hmmm... I agree, price for end product(s) is crucial, less cost-of-goods-sold, i.e. margin. SYR have scale on their side and probably "first mover advantage" — if that is, truly, an advantage. (Historically, there are probably many examples where the second, third... and later... movers are the ones that reap the rewards, but be that as it may.)

It begs the question, though, why Sojitz and others would bother engaging with another player, KNL in their case, if SYR is going to steam-roll the field. Why not just wait, patiently, for the SYR juggernaut to roll and acquire product from them — at a lower potential price. I am sure Sojitz would have examined the SYR option. They appear to have rejected it in favour of KNL

Ditto TK and EGT, although one could argue that agreements between KNL and them were struck before it was clear that SYR would be moving to construction.

And what about our recent new entrants to the KNL register — CBA et al.? Stumping up $11M on a lost cause doesn't seem to make very much sense? CBA and the other "sophisticates" would hardly have been unaware of the SYR initiative and the stage of their development, yet they happily pumped funds KNL's way.

And then there are all the other "graphite hopefuls"; not just Ozzie ones, but those in Canada and elsewhere, who are exploring and boring and carrying on about the quantity and quality of their graphite ore. Are they, too, just pissing into the wind... setting themselves and their owners (their share holders) up for a nose-dive into dirt as SYR steals all the air from their wings?

I agree, market price for product is key, as dictated by supply and demand, but does everyone believe that SYR have it all done and dusted?

Anxious times...

FWIW IMO DYODD
  2. 1,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 395
    Mr Spinks needs to address his shareholders concerns quickly,succinctly and confidently. The information vacuum is growing. Not news as such, but information and clarification of all these points being discussed here. He is very aware of these posts and if he genuinely is willing to disregard long term shareholders concerns, of which I am one than what does this of his future direction of the company. Retail investors and they're current investment in his company may not be important anymore , only the money men that continue to manipulate and pull strings at the larger retail bases expense. I know how I will be voting during this vacuum. Act now or feel the rath of shareholder sentiment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $49.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 10.8¢ $103.8K 918.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 105344 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 22466 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.