Hi Copperbod "For example I imagine most Catholics would just...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hi Copperbod

"For example I imagine most Catholics would just accept the Jewish situation because they are told the Jews killed Jesus. End of story.
    Why is it that wasn't sufficient for you ? Not expecting an answer, just raising it as a question.
    I wonder what influences known and unknown guide our direction in life.

Speaking of worshiping the same God, did you investigate the "East West" Church schism or the Protestant/Catholic blow up or the C of E /RC split. Even the Islamic/Christian wars ?
    Since they all claim there is only one God, it's odd that there is and has always been so much enmity between them."

Wish I had the answer to what guides our direction in life. My personal belief is that we are the product of what we are born into. It is very very hard if not impossible to change what has been hard wired into us from birth. At a conscious level we can claim that we have raised ourself to a certain level. eg prejudice against other races. However, if we undertake tests where our sub conscious comes to the fore, they show that we always revert back to our product.
    Personally (on a conscious level) I suppose I have an explorative mind. Always ask questions and try to get answers.

To the second part of your question, I have read lightly on the subjects. A very good book I have read is Fields of Blood by Karen Armstrong in which she addresses some of the points you raise. I found this book very interesting, as it resonated with what I learned in Economic History at uni.

Pear

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.