Exorcism, page-75

1. 6,758 Posts.
    I think we are on safe ground to say Genesis and much of scripture, in general, is not literal and satan and demons do not exist.

When it comes to this universe emerging along with sentient life, we can kind of accept that this happened. To then accept with absolute conviction that this can occur without a cause or a purpose, or any evidence at all, to me at least, seems unlikely. Physicists can explain reasonably well the origin and structure of matter and energy, but have you never considered the immutable laws behind them. Would it not be more likely that laws would not be lawful? I mean, can chaos really cause order? Maybe, but we have never seem a single example of this, as opposed to all order that humans know of has a cause.

Is there not a possibility that these laws that are constant in time and always at work suggest some idea that causation may apply to where these laws came from, how they found constant association? Sure we may have narrowed down events surrounding the so called, Big Bang universe, but why do those laws work so well and at all?

So while I'm able to discard the G.d of religion, I have absolutely nothing, no evidence of any kind to assist me in tossing out the G.d of science. It seems to me a tad premature at this stage of science to dismiss out of hand the preexistence of some overarching force of consciousness. If you can, then I bow to your your strength of faith.

I, lacking your strength of faith will have to wait for science to clear up this pesky G.d problem.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.