ASB 0.81% $2.49 austal limited

The HASC has sent the marked up NDAA 2025 to the full house for...

1. 21 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    The HASC has sent the marked up NDAA 2025 to the full house for a vote, prior to it getting kicked to the SASC / Senate. The new mark up did not include the $1.1B originally requested by the USN for the procurement of the seventh Constellation Frigate, with that funding allocated to procuring a second Virginia sub during FY2025.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/05/hasc-greenlights-draft-ndaa-sends-bill-to-full-house/

Mike Gallagher (R-Maine) had resigned from the HASC earlier this year, and considering FMM is based in Maine, was the most likely to object to the cutting of the 7th frigate from the 2025 DOD budget.

Considering Mike Rogers (R-Alabama), Mo Brooks (R-Alabama) and Jerry Carl (R-Alabama), all members of the HASC happily voted through this amendment to cut the seventh Frigate procurement without objection also, I suspect that they did so with the knowledge that Austal is in strong contention for contracts for the fifth, and possibly sixth frigates procured during FY2024 (i.e. prior to 30 June), being satisfied with the new jobs and economic activity such contract award may to bring to Alabama.

The possibility of Austal winning this contract is significantly more important in my mind than the Hanwha bid ever was for the SP growth of Austal. I have every personal anticipation the SP will grow to over $3 in the weeks after the contract is awarded. Hold on to your bags people.

NFA/ DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.49
Change
0.020(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $902.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.48 $2.52 $2.46 $1.401M 562.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3151 $2.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.50 2768 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.