OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Sorry guys... I'm really not ramping up this stock. I just keep...

1. 111 Posts.
    Sorry guys... I'm really not ramping up this stock. I just keep posting the latest analysis and news about OGC. Ironically, all of these news are VERY POSITIVE in spite of falling share price... remember this old wisdom: buy low, sell high ;)

Lowest EV/EBITDA Ratio in the Gold Industry Detected for OceanaGold

Published on Fri, 10/21/2011 - 06:23

Below are the three companies in the Gold industry with the lowest enterprise value to EBITDA (EV/EBITDA) ratios. EV/EBITDA is an important metric used in valuing comparable companies. It is capital structure neutral and generally the lower the ratio, the more undervalued the company is believed to be.

OceanaGold (NASDAQ:OCANF) is lowest with an EV/EBITDA ratio of 0.15. OceanaGold Corporation is a gold mining and exploration company. The Company currently owns interests in projects in New Zealand and the Philippines. Yesterday, OceanaGold traded 234,000 shares vs. average volume of 52,000 shares per day. The stock underperformed the Dow (-5.1% to the Dow's 0.3%) and underperformed the S&P 500 (-5.1% to the S&P's 0.4%) during yesterday's trading.

Nevsun Resources (AMEX:NSU) is next with an EV/EBITDA ratio of 5.39.
    In the past 52 weeks, Nevsun Resources share prices have been bracketed by a low of $4.32 and a high of $7.75 and closed yesterday at $4.63, 7% above that low price. The 200-day and 50-day moving averages have moved 0.81% lower and 1.05% lower over the past week, respectively.

Finishing up the bottom three is Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM), with an EV/EBITDA ratio of 6.22.
    Newmont Mining has overhead space with shares priced $61.64, or 22.4% below the average consensus analyst price target of $79.39. Newmont Mining shares should encounter resistance at the 50-day moving average (MA) of $63.13 and support at its 200-day MA of $57.32.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.