EFT 0.00% 49.0¢ eftel limited

"This logic is pretty bad."Especially since the proxy vote...

1. 71 Posts.
    "This logic is pretty bad."

Especially since the proxy vote cut-off was Monday morning, just after the announcement was made, and it will be the proxies which decides the result tomorrow.

There can be no gain for our opponents to spruik these lies now other than to damage the company's interests. Let's see if it changes their tune at all. I expect not.

"I'd be more inclined to think NEC were looking to get out of the DSLAM game. I'm not sure, but I think the number of exchanges matches their entire historical exchange rollout."

Nextep have two types of DSLAMs - their business grade SHDSL ones and their MPORT ADSL2+ ones. We have taken control of the MPORT DSLAMs. There are eighty of them, whereas there are ninety-five business-grade ones, meaning that Nextep have SHDSL in some exchanges where they do not have an MPORT DSLAM.

The advantage to Nextep of this deal is they don't have to worry about trying to convince ISPs to purchase ports on an 80-DSLAM footprint (hard to do), and the advantages to EFTel are lower costs of ADSL1 ports in those exchanges, rapid ADSL2+ in those exchanges, a larger footprint for BroadbandNext, and the strategic value of removing those ports from the reach of other providers other than via our wholesale efforts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EFT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.