TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

"Guys are you just expressing pipe dreams here...." Not really....

1. 592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    "Guys are you just expressing pipe dreams here...."

Not really. The information below was contained in an announcement on 28th June 2017. I have confidence in Alan Boyd. If true, it appears to be huge. I would expect any reported progress in this area would be very well regarded.

According to Boyd, “Twenty million people a year move from the countryside to cities in China. To put it in perspective that’s about 80% of the population of Australia. Every year. These migrants can’t keep moving to the big cities so the Chinese government has to build new cities. It has a plan to build 300 new cities. These are to be “SMART Cities”. China’s problem is it doesn’t have all the technologies needed to design, build and operate modern SMART Cities. We’ve worked with the government for many years now to close the gap. Over the years we’ve become experts in SMART City technologies. “One of the key technologies we design into our SMART Cities is a Service Delivery Platform– an integrated network of digitally delivered services including telecoms, eCommerce, education,financial services, healthcare, telemedicine, eGovernment and, of course, TV,media and entertainment. TV2U’s platform and modular approach is exactly what’s needed to build these services on top of. We’ve been talking about this for quite some time and this was the reason that I joined TV2U in the first place. There’s a very good fit.”

TV2U Chairman Nick Fitzgerald commented: “Alan’s background and network of contacts in China will help TV2U assess opportunities very quickly. The SMART Home market is one of the fastest growing and potentially one of the biggest in the world. SMART Homes effectively pay for themselves in reduced energy consumption and better conservation. Right now there’s not a lot of competition – we don’t know of any other company combining media and entertainment with digital services and SMART Home. This is a very big opportunity and it’s important we grow it quickly but sustainably, to take our place as a highly substantial provider of services. The new SMART Home business line could potentially contribute to revenues as early as this calendar year. Now that we have a firm overall strategy for the expansion of the business lines within TV2U, the visit to China represents our commitment to expand the business with confidence.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.