WR1 2.96% $1.39 winsome resources limited

morning Seaemay.yes, it’s going to be interesting. As with most...

1. 1,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    morning Seaemay.

yes, it’s going to be interesting. As with most of the others, I only got my standard allocation, so not a huge number. If it does get to crazy high prices, I’d probably sell and see if I could buyback cheaper in the following days/weeks, as some of these do. If it doesn’t, no big deal. A profit is a profit.
    I never let tax influence my market moves. I know some who have ended up losing heaps from a huge profitable position, due to not selling for tax reasons. If you’re paying a heap of tax, you’ve made a bigger heap of profit. Locking up a nice profit is also a good time to cull the dogs, or those not making it to your expectations, that offset some of that tax.

I was lucky in that I decided many years ago to start our own self managed super fund. Most of our shares are in super, so any profits only attract a maximum 15% tax; 10% if a capital gain. For some in retirement, depending on the size of their fund, they pay no tax at all!

if we’re coming up to the May/June period, I would consider selling some before and some after June 30, to spread the tax if outside super. But you then run the risk of the shares dropping more than the tax to be paid. As I’ve seen happen to some mates.
    so as a general rule, I never let tax implications influence my buy/sell decisions.

of course, that’s what works for me. Everyone has to decide for themselves what works for them.

cheers,

ned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.39
Change
0.040(2.96%)
Mkt cap ! $265.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.36 $1.40 $1.33 $633.4K 464.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12495 $1.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.40 3834 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.38
  Change
0.040 ( 2.91 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.37 $1.40 $1.34 143019
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
WR1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.