EMH 13.0% 26.0¢ european metals holdings limited

Joe Cool is right. Government decisions are $ based. Not...

1. 416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Joe Cool is right.

Government decisions are $ based. Not environmental. Environmental factor is simply a string to a marketing bow.

Retail price of electricity continues to soar here in Australia not because production is becoming more expensive. But because renewable energy's have started impacting bottom lines.

Less revenues due to solar panels on peoples roofs with same fixed costs of maintaining electricity network. Means retail price must goes up to meet fewer demand and tightening bottom line.

Many years ago a person could install a PV system on their roof top as big as they like. Then it was capped to 5kw. Many years ago a PV owner could render themselves 50-60 cent per KW/h feed in tarrif. Then it was capped. I believe 6-8 cents is the feed in tarrif now.

Policy has been crushing renewable here in Australia for a long time. In my opinion it will be similar story with EV's. No government or business is going to stand for losing 60 cents income from every $1 and will fight tooth and nail to keep that money flowing.

We have the technology and have had for some time now the ability to power our entire house from the sun and recharge our EV's over night. Using energy from the sun stored in a battery system. Effectively cutting out the entire food chain.

Yet the revolution is still yet to come into foray. Governments and business care about tax revenue and commercial profits first. Environment, well that's somewhere further down the list. But environment can be manifested as first to the public and consumers. But only if it helps further drive taxes and bottom lines.

Disclosure - I'm bullish on lithium, EV's and renewables in general. I also hold a number of lithium stocks currently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.