CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

expectations

1. 749 Posts.
    Hi all

I feel that the last 2 weeks of posting on CVI has built up the expectations of all holders to a dangerous level. There has been much speculation about the timing and potential content of announcements to come out. Going by the history of CVI in meeting timeline expectations and delivering expected announcements, I sincerely hope this is not another build up with a fizzle at the end.

This is partly MS's fault for possibly providing too much info to holders. Also responsible are the receivers of said info, especially the ones that hang on every word he says and endlessly post and repost their interpretations.

If history tells us anything, it is that we will not have a price sensitive announcement before the AGM. As such the share price will drift down until said announcements are released.

So far we are expecting a trading halt, an announcement regarding funding/SPV, an announcement regarding offshore leases, and possibly others I may have overlooked.

Not only are we expecting these announcements, but we are assuming fine details that we have little info to comment. One example is that we are receiving $1 - $1.2 bil from the SPV and that CVI will have a 20% stake of the assets that this money is used for, implicating calculations of market caps at $200-$240mil (or approx 45c-55c fully diluted). After all, if this were the case, and many ppl knew about this (MS clearly likes to talk a lot to many ppl so one would assume many would know) then surely the share price would be closer to this price already in anticipation - buy the rumour, sell the fact. The fact is it is all speculation and interpretation that is being regurgitated over and over.

At the end of the day, no one here knows for certain when anything official will be released and what will be released.

I'm not having a go at those that are offering their understanding and interpretations, that is what makes HC. But surely there comes a time when we need to just let things play out naturally. If I countered every positive assumption about the funding/SPV and offshore deals with a negative opinion, saying that he has promised this before and nothing eventuated without providing any factual evidence, then I would be labelled a down ramper and TOU'd every time.

My motto is always under promise and over deliver. Any other way spells disaster.

Sorry for the rant. I had an exhausting day and felt like splurging.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.