FEX 0.00% 25.0¢ fenix resources ltd

Expected dividends, page-20

1. 42 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Ill mention this just to get other peoples 2 cents. Im probably doing it wrong, but heres whats happened. Ive been an FEX holder off and on, for a few years and I'm trying to get the strategy right.

First time round I took the divvie and was very happy until I saw the SP plummet well past my initial purchase price after the record date. I was a dick. If I'd sold just before record date I probably would have got out with more owing to the SP increase. I didn't sell the next day and ended up with a tasty cheque but languishing shares. I spent the proceeds on some other crap like XTC.

Next time round I took the divvie again, sold asap and reinvested it into FEX when the SP hit the inevitable low. This was a better outcome, but still not ideal. At the time I kept wondsering why they don't scrap the dividend concept and reinvest in themselves to shore up the SP with extra assets. The mine is finite and so good times are bound to end. One poster commented, 'why would they? Since the board are giving themselves free money'. I saw the logic in that.

So now, the company is putting money into itself, with haulage fleets etc. I probably shouldn't be dirty if the dividend suffers because they are doing what I recommended theoretically.

I wanted to by at 22cents but couldn't. I kick myself because I knew it would ramp up towards September. I've been a douche buying big parcels at 29.5 hoping the dividend frenzy will kick in and I can convert that to ultimately free shares or day trade bonus. But it's stagnant. Not moving much. Certainly not breaching 30 with any gusto. I'm holding on for something and working my spreadsheets hard for the sweet spot of dividend versus SP ramping. I gather next week will be the tale of the tape and for newbies, at day trading at least, don't touch this stock until the last minute.

Are we all seeing the same malaise? No movement, despite expected?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FEX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $180.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ $37.11K 148.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 38038 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 96582 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FEX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.