CTP 7.69% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

expected news flow, next month, page-2

1. 1,039 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    good morning Jesse,
    Afew things come to mind!
    I think the main one is the full 3d report for Surprise and particularly the estimated recoverable reserves there!
    To that end I am not sure how comprehensive the information is to be made available but of course they need to be up to the asx disclosure standards!
    Further, I believe CTP has applied for a production licence for Surprise and this should generate activity and news flow.
    There may be an adhoc statement or two regards the current deals with Total and Santos!
    Finally there is some potential for significant statements from CTP which at this particular timing may include the interest around shale gas and oil.
    There are big players whom are not as yet in the game and they are apparently keen to be involved. Given that CTP have only farmed out an apparent 30% of their tenements and the need for cash I would not be surprised if they begin to negotiate another deal. Who knows at what price is achieveable however on looking back it appears Santos particularly, got away with the best cuts at crazy el cheapo prices! I am sure however the deal was done on the best informationat the time and obviously there was good reason why RC completed that deal on those merits.
    After the Beach Energy deal and allowing for the maturity of the Cooper Basin over the Amadeus etc who knows what the likes of BHPB, Shell, Exxon etc may pay for such a play as the HVS around Surprise. Interesting that RC has strongly endorsed the size and quality of that particular structure so price could be at a premium and I would believe it is something that will require high tech. assistance.
    CTP is definitely becoming more and more interesting to the wider investment community and is now in 300 asx index. Over the last 2 weeks the SP has elevated from 12.5c to 17c with massive volume last friday therefore one could be qualified to sense that something of substance is in the wind!
    Good thing is that IMHO there is a lot more potential to the upside than any significant downside risk going forward so very happy to top up a few options at these levels tomorrow...if Im lucky! lol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.