VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

expecting to much from fp, page-2

1. 3,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    I'm not so sure that the expectations are all that high Kenton. Sure the expections were high when the share price jumped to about 10c and 40% of FP was VILs only asset. That was high expectations.

Now VIL is a completely different company with a range of assets in different states of development. FP is still important to VIL and we now own 72% of it but it isn't everything. Also remember that back when the SP was in the clouds we didn't yet know about this massive potential new play at the bottom of the hole. We were just looking for good flow rates from the known pay zone which will be online shortly.

But the share price is now only 25% of what was back then, the assets have been significantly increased, there is actual revenue with more to come from Silverwood, Bongo and FP#1 shortly. If this "tremendous new play" to be explored in FP#2 is worth even a fraction of what those words indicate then it will make our original expections of FP#1 seem insignificant.

I'd say based on the current share price that expectations must be incredibly low for FP#1. I'd go as far as to say that the current share price reflects the fact that GGP have managed to drag FP#1 out so long that many don't actually think it will ever come online.

If you were reading wild predictions of flow rates throughout the VIL thread then you would be right to be worried. I don't see much of that because all of the debate is about when and if the buggers will ever remember where the original hole is and finished the damned thing. Confirmation that they actually have done this is all it will take to confirm for many that we haven't been taken for a ride by GGP.

I'm of the opinion that the pendulum is at the other end of it's swing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.