LYC 0.98% $6.09 lynas rare earths limited

AUS Agree with long term significance. Also believe that Blue...

1. 7,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 488
    AUS Agree with long term significance. Also believe that Blue line will build capability to process a lot more than Lynas can supply. Maybe not in phase one but the plan will be there. I remember a plan to build a large HRE separation plant in AU to take product from many ROW manufactures about 10 years ago. (not sure but think Jack L was involved) The heavies are harder to separate and if other LRE sites are established there should be lots of demand for of site HRE processing. NC also sponsored research at a university in Tasmania to look at better ways of doing of separating HREs, I have heard nothing about this in 6~8 years.

JUMP shift I loss most of my money on the short term puts in Tesla. OH well. Still have think the longer term will more than cover this. Waiting for January sales figures which we should have Tuesday or Wednesday. Be honest It makes no sense Tesla makes no sense. ITS market cap is 117B
    Toyota is 185B GM 47 B. Both Toyota and GM are profitable and pay dividends. Tesla has never had a GAAP profit for year. They did have one for Q4 $0.58 too small to erase loses for the beginning of year. Yes they had a non GAAP profit of $ 2.14 but look what they did not include in their non GAAP number. Also Q4 Sales in $ was only up 2% anually hardly earth shaking revenue rise. Maybe they are shipping low end models to make the sales figures for number of cars. It all reminds me of the whole DOT com thing. Yes Amazon is a power house to day but most for get that before DOT com it had a market cap bigger than Boing, GE, or GM stock. Amazon was over 100 when dot come hit. I shorted and got out about 20 I think it hit a low of 7. Totally big correction coming just do not know what will trigger it. Keep thinking it will be sales US sales are still still over half sales. October was down -5.4% OCT to oct Y November down 2.1% Then with rebates expiring Sales surged and December was up 15.9% Now Teslas sales were up a dramatic 50 % YOY 2018 to 2019 but most people forget just how poor the first 6 months of 2018 were. Some where people will wake up and understand Profits are more important than Hype. It always takes twice as long as I think it should but it always does happen. Let you know when I see sales figures.

"On Wednesday afternoon, Elon Musk's company reported Q4 revenue of $7.38 billion (up 2% annually), GAAP EPS of $0.58 and non-GAAP EPS of $2.14, beating consensus analyst estimates of $6.99 billion, $0.51 and $1.77. In addition, Tesla said it expects 2020 vehicle deliveries “should comfortably exceed 500,000 units.”3 days ago"

Another fact people seem to forget is Elton yet came in at low end of estimate He usually misses entirely
    Tesla sold 367,500 cars in 2019, a new record for the company, according to figures published to its website early on Friday morning. While that’s on the low end of the estimate of 360,000 to 400,000 vehicles delivered that the company offered up at the beginning of 2019, the Silicon Valley automaker still sold more cars in 2019 than it did in the previous two years combined, all thanks to the popularity of the Model 3 sedan."
    Now lets say he makes 500,000 next year That is only a 36% increase. If sales move from high end to low end models how much will revue will they make? Lets say thy Make 4 times Q4 GAAP earnings Then PE will be 300 to one. I wish all the tesla yahoos would look for a few companies that sell for even 100 / 1 PE.

AUS Just re read this it sounds like I am talking to you. Sorry. I know you agree with me on Tesla.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.060(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $5.692B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.11 $6.27 $6.04 $51.89M 8.471M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 $6.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.09 25208 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.11
  Change
-0.060 ( 0.97 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.10 $6.27 $6.04 7376001
Last updated 15.59pm 16/04/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.