Do you factor in the carbon footprint to produce the components...

1. 28,389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Do you factor in the carbon footprint to produce the components to make EV’s or is that irrelevant?

I’m with you, I hope to see an end to ice vehicles by 2050 but I don’t like the idea of replacing them with less than adequate units that add to pollution.

The idea is very good but our technology is yet to get to the point where it can service our wants in a meaningful way.

Of course you can suggest that EV’s suit some people right now who perhaps travel 20-50 kms a day, European types/Suburban types but that is a failure to see reality.

How is your favourite barista going to source your favourite coffee beans in a timely manner at a reasonable price if the transport industry is hamstrung with the burden of charge times and reduction of carrying capacities due to the onerous weight of batteries to drive the trucks?

Yes, we need to advance away from ff use and we want to be more environmentally friendly but we have to get to a point where we have the technology to achieve it.
    We are not there yet with today’s EV’s in my opinion even if you think we are.

That’s why not everyone agrees with you or me for that matter and why we are both discussing the topic.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.