eagle, on a personal note i'm not at all disappointed at the...

1. 761 Posts.
    eagle, on a personal note i'm not at all disappointed at the backflip as it's a sign (to me) that sanity may prevail.

climate change was one of labor's major planks (along with IR) in the last election & a HUGE point of difference for the electorate. this backflip has no doubt disappointed many in the elctorate that voted for them because of climate change. labor's position is now what howard's was (or very close to) & this must hurt the labor faithful, & rightly so.

with my previous post i was trying to point out that, with the strongest developed economy in its hands, labor shouldn't be using the gfc as an excuse (which is also the excuse you where making for them) coz then we can't expect any other developed economy to do anything either. therefore the whole excercise is doomed.

they should just come out & say (labor & liberal) "carbon induced global warming is a falicy, we all got it wrong", but ofcourse this is an unreasonable expectation of any political party.

don't get me wrong i think both labor & liberal are backtracking on this quick smart, the quicker they backtrack the less damage they'll do.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.