CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

g'day sawp. thanks for the most useful posts.I'm still super...

1. 1,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    g'day sawp. thanks for the most useful posts.
    I'm still super bearish on the global economic situation; USA in particular, where we see no sign that the multi trillion $ packages are having much if any effect. S&P 500 PE's still at long term average, which is ridiculous. Forward estimates are a joke. It has to come down at least another 20-30% if not more.

CER are insulated better than most with their type of tenant, which is a big plus. BUT, if the US keeps getting worse as I fear it will, then more bankruptcies will follow, causing more income loss & further asset devaluation.
    I think they are doing every they possibly can. I agree with the no div in their state. But what happens if the assets devalue to the point where the lending ratios are breached &/or income drops them to cash flow negative state?
    Lenders have been supportive to date, but if banks don't turn around in the US, rolling debt will become that much harder & once covenants breached, the situation becomes more dangerous.

Being retired I have to be conservative, so I eventually sold all. But I agree they have a great future long term, IF they can survive an extended US recession/depression.
    when/if I can convince myself of their long term survival (not from anything they do, more on the health of the USA & their US customers), I'll be buying with my ears pinned back. CER absolutely the better play. I wouldn't touch CNP.

as usual;
    CAVEAT EMPTOR - risk in all stocks.
    Everyone should seek professional advice & not make investment decisions based on what they might read on an Internet chat site, or receive from me (who is just an enthusiastic amateur).
    Remember, this information is probably worth what you paid for it.

cheers,

ned

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.