MYR 0.62% 81.5¢ myer holdings limited

Explain in Financial numbers why MYR is bad ??, page-89

1. HK1
    590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    I had a long reply done, before my page froze (thanks to being in a remote part of Asia with shitty internet).

But basically the FY17 accounts have lots of detail, but hide the real implementation costs. These will be significant again in H1. There is a saying "you can't cut your way to profit" - meaning with revenue reducing, cutting costs can only do so much. MYR can only cut so much. (I have worked in finance of a listed company. These implementation costs are a maze that is designed to stem the losses, but it cannot stop them. )

The cash flow profit from operating and financing is abysmal - about 40m. It will only get worse.
    You keep on mentioning the "mammoth" revenue of 3b for the full year (or whatever). That IS the problem. With huge fixed costs, with revenue reducing, profit is effected exponentially. You can't just "tweak" a company like MYR, otherwise it would have been done already. It is ignorant to think that selling loans, phone plans or having shareholder discounts would make any material impact on the company. The CEO is gone for a reason. The BOD will be gone soon, for a reason. It is not easy to run a huge business like MYR.

Sol Lew has a massive job ahead. He won't do it for free. It won't take 2yrs. Current shareholders will not see much (if any) benefit.

Waiting until the H1 results are released in full is prudent of you. This us not showing any signs of improvement so far. 369m market capitalization might be flattering. Good luck to holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
81.5¢
Change
0.005(0.62%)
Mkt cap ! $677.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
81.5¢ 82.5¢ 80.5¢ $416.2K 511.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5920 80.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
81.5¢ 4337 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.