I have to admit that I am certainly guilty of excluding the two...

1. 717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I have to admit that I am certainly guilty of excluding the two climate change deniers (also RWNJs) in our family circle from our Christmas celebrations this year. I am personally exhausted by their constant need to start an argument and with the growing nastiness and personal nature of their accusations. I know other members of the family are also happier without their presence, including my son who is a qualified and working environmental scientist and who has nobly restrained himself for the past couple of years. Our RWNJs are both in their nineties and have been using the same tired and discredited pseudo arguments for the last decade. Even allowing for the usual mental deterioration, it is pretty hard to take. Fortunately, both are now too physically frail to travel far for Christmas dinner so we can make "special arrangements" to see them later in the holiday season and not feel too guilty about excluding them.

I know it hasn't been a great year for climate sceptics and RWNJs generally, but I don't see why the rest of us have to provide their therapy sessions over, what is supposed to be, a positive family occasion. Surely they can just yell at clouds or something as is usual.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.