BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

cpgI see hotwolf has minced not only his geology with geographpy...

1. 270 Posts.
    cpg
    I see hotwolf has minced not only his geology with geographpy but has confused morbidity with infectivity.

If you're in Mexico City where the air is rarefied, high altitude related low humidity, not to mention the most polluted in the world and you get any flu you'll likely get more ill than anywhere. I think this is part of the "perfect storm"

but theres more.........

Also there's the natural history argument of novel infective agents being progressively less virulent as they radiate into host populations (think dead end evolutionary trajectories of increasing virulence eg ebola whereby an individual of the new host species, humans, dies before the virus can infect another individual,,, V the opposite whereby people dont even know they're infected its so mild)

The novel viruses cause little ill in the normal host species but then get into a new species and have to "learn" to not kill their host.
    That is what was so interesting about bird flu, birds host flu with no ill but a few years back a strain appeared that was killing birds..... the fear being if this got into humans it'd kill them even quicker, (or at least as quick)

The only, "trick",(apart from BTA/GSK & Roche) humans have got is isolation to allow the less virulent strains to evolve and confer immunity to the herd. AND it's working but everyone gunna wonna dose of our product as the waves of infection radiate throughout the human herd,,

some strains will kill some ppl some of the time, but all the ppl will want protection all the time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.